Re: Build problems - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Build problems
Date
List pgsql-patches
Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg@aon.at> writes:
> On Sun, 23 May 2004 02:39:41 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I'm not quite
>> sure what --without-docdir should mean ... if it's not a complete no-op
>> it seems like it ought to specify not installing docs at all.

>   --without-docdir        do not install the documentation

> In doc/Makefile we have:
>     ifneq ($(wildcard $(srcdir)/postgres.tar.gz),)
>     ifneq (,$(docdir))
>     found_html := yes
>     endif
>     endif

Okay, I see: this code is using docdir = empty to represent
--without-docdir, so we have to maintain that state in Makefile.global.
Got it now.  But I wonder how much Peter could have tested
--without-docdir when he added it recently, because AFAICS it could
not have worked at all.  The code to add /postgresql to docdir has
been there right along.

> src/bin/psql/psqlscan.c couldn't be compiled, it complained about
> several missing .h files.

Hmph.  Works for me.  Possibly a compiler-specific issue?

            regards, tom lane