Re: Build problems - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Build problems
Date
List pgsql-patches
Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg@aon.at> writes:
> Yesterday's snapshot couldn't be compiled from a separate build
> directory, and after configure --without-docdir ... make install failed,
> because it tried to mkdir /postgresql/html.
> The enclosed patch fixes these problems, at least for me.

The src/timezone issue is reported and fixed already.  I'm not quite
sure what --without-docdir should mean ... if it's not a complete no-op
it seems like it ought to specify not installing docs at all.  But your
proposed patch doesn't do either of those.  What have you got in mind
there?  And I don't understand the point of your proposed change in
src/bin/psql/Makefile at all.  Please elaborate.

            regards, tom lane