Re: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl
Date
List pgsql-general
jasuja@sbcglobal.net (Ravi) writes:
> I have tried using both the postgresql-7.2.tar.gz and  postgresql-7.2.3.tar.gz
> I get the same error:

> psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

It looks to me like psql is picking up a copy of libpq.so that does not
have SSL support --- probably a libpq.so that is leftover from some
older installation.  Check your shared library search path.  It's
difficult to give any more detail than that when you didn't specify
your platform, but perhaps ldconfig or LD_LIBRARY_PATH is what to look
at.

            regards, tom lane