Re: Major Problem with locale - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Major Problem with locale
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ben-Nes Michael" <miki@canaan.co.il> writes:
> what was diffrent then ver 7.1.3 was that initdb (7.2.2) didnt answered me
> with the message that locale reduce speed.

7.2's initdb is a bit broken in this respect --- you won't see that
message unless you use -d (in which case you'll have to dig through
about 4meg worth of debug chatter :-().  This is repaired again for
7.3, though.

> how can i know that my db using specific locale ?

See contrib/pg_controldata if you want to be sure.

> what cab be the couse that "l_name ~* '[[:<:]](xyz)[[:>:]]'" dont work for
> some of the hebrew characters ?

Perhaps the regex support is missing info about this particular locale.
Feel free to send in a patch, if so ...

            regards, tom lane