Re: Upgraded, now permission denied. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Upgraded, now permission denied.
Date
List pgsql-novice
[ please keep the list cc'd ]

Jason Whitener <jwhitene@pcc.edu> writes:
> postgres=# select * from pg_namespace where nspname = 'public';
>  nspname | nspowner |               nspacl
> ---------+----------+-------------------------------------
>  public  |       10 | {postgres=UC/postgres,=UC/postgres}
> (1 row)

Well, that's what I'd expect to see --- but the prompt indicates that you
did this in the "postgres" database, which is not where you're having the
problem.  We need to look at the public schema within the mypcc database.

> The only grant/revokes I could find were near the top of the dump file, and
> appears to just be on databases:
> REVOKE ALL ON DATABASE mypcc FROM PUBLIC;

Hm... that would have the effect of preventing connections to mypcc,
except by the database owner and superusers.  However, since you're
not complaining that you can't connect, that doesn't seem to be
your problem.

> Does any of the above suggest that I am missing privileges to run queries
> on the database mypcc using the user mypcc?

The error message you quoted was quite clearly complaining about
permissions on a schema, not a database.  Those are entirely separate
concepts in Postgres (although not in some other DBMSes, which perhaps
is contributing to your confusion).

            regards, tom lane