Re: BUG #5269: postgres backend terminates with SIGSEGV - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #5269: postgres backend terminates with SIGSEGV
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Justin Pitts <jpitts@bplglobal.net> writes:
> My guess is that I am not provoking a 'SI queue overrun'

The 100 temp table creations probably will do that just fine.

> Am I completely off base about how this should be reproducing?

Two points: the session you hope to have crash *must* be in serializable
mode, and the crash would actually happen in the transaction after the
one that's rolled back.

The error doesn't have to be a serialization error, so in principle
you should be able to make it fail with something as simple as

    begin;
    select 1/0;
    rollback;
    select * from foo;

as long as the ROLLBACK is done with a prepared statement and you've
forced a SI overrun since the ROLLBACK was prepared.

            regards, tom lane