Re: BUG #5269: postgres backend terminates with SIGSEGV - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Justin Pitts
Subject Re: BUG #5269: postgres backend terminates with SIGSEGV
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Jan 14, 2010, at 10:16 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Justin Pitts <jpitts@bplglobal.net> writes:
>> My guess is that I am not provoking a 'SI queue overrun'=20
>=20
> The 100 temp table creations probably will do that just fine.
>=20

Is there a way to verify this?

>> Am I completely off base about how this should be reproducing?
>=20
> Two points: the session you hope to have crash *must* be in serializable
> mode,

The 2 competing sessions doing the read/modify sequence on foo are set to S=
ERIALIZABLE.

> and the crash would actually happen in the transaction after the
> one that's rolled back.
>=20

I don't follow. Are you suggesting I begin another transaction on connectio=
n 1 with a read, and that
would provoke the crash?