Re: Sorting writes during checkpoint - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Sorting writes during checkpoint
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Anyway, I note that we don't have an easy way of sorting by tablespace,

Say what?  tablespace is the first component of relfilenode.

> but I'm sure it would be possible to look up the tablespace for a file
> within a plugin.

If the information weren't readily available from relfilenode, it would
*not* be possible for a bufmgr plugin to look it up.  bufmgr is much too
low-level to be dependent on performing catalog lookups.

            regards, tom lane