Re: Suspicion of a compiler bug in clang: using ternary operator in ereport() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Suspicion of a compiler bug in clang: using ternary operator in ereport()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christian Kruse <christian@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
> just a word of warning: it seems as if there is compiler bug in clang
> regarding the ternary operator when used in ereport(). While working
> on a patch I found that this code:
> did not emit a errhint when using clang, although errno == ENOMEM was
> true.

Huh.  I noticed a buildfarm failure a couple days ago in which the visible
regression diff was that an expected HINT was missing.  This probably
explains that, because we use ternary operators in this style in quite a
few places.