Re: [9.3 doc fix] clarification of Solaris versions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From MauMau
Subject Re: [9.3 doc fix] clarification of Solaris versions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
> Robert Haas escribió:
>
>> Just because OpenSolaris is discontinued doesn't mean we don't support
>> it.  It looks like it has been unsupported for ~3 years at this point
>> - not sure if that is long enough to remove the documentation
>> reference.
>
> That part of the operating system ecosystem is messy, but I don't think
> it can be said that it is dead.  There is Illumos, which does look dead;
> but there's also OpenIndiana which doesn't.  And there's also OmniOS,
> which is based on Illumos, maintained by OmniTI, and has a running
> member in our buildfarm.

OK, I've left the reference to OpenSolaris in the attached patch to imply
the OpenSolaris derivatives.

> The patch looks otherwise sensible, but I note that we don't actually
> have any Buildfarm members running Solaris > 10.  So do we know for
> sure that everything works there?  Should we try to get one set up
> before claiming we support the platform?

Thanks.  I belive PostgreSQL runs successfully on Solaris 10 and later,
because the binaries are published on the community site:

http://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v9.3beta2/solaris/

And I could build PostgreSQL 9.2.4 from source code and completed regression
test on Solaris 10.  In addition, EnterpriseDB supports their product on
Solaris, don't they?

I appreciate it if you could commit this patch.

Regards
MauMau

Attachment