Re: [9.3 doc fix] clarification of Solaris versions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [9.3 doc fix] clarification of Solaris versions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escribió:

> Just because OpenSolaris is discontinued doesn't mean we don't support
> it.  It looks like it has been unsupported for ~3 years at this point
> - not sure if that is long enough to remove the documentation
> reference.

That part of the operating system ecosystem is messy, but I don't think
it can be said that it is dead.  There is Illumos, which does look dead;
but there's also OpenIndiana which doesn't.  And there's also OmniOS,
which is based on Illumos, maintained by OmniTI, and has a running
member in our buildfarm.