Re: BUG #6733: All Tables Empty After pg_upgrade (PG 9.2.0 beta 2) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #6733: All Tables Empty After pg_upgrade (PG 9.2.0 beta 2)
Date
Re: BUG #6733: All Tables Empty After pg_upgrade (PG 9.2.0 beta 2)  (Mike Wilson <mfwilson@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
Mike Wilson <mfwilson@gmail.com> writes:
> I've had some time to examine this closer over the weekend.  It
> appears that pg_upgrade for 9.2b2 segfaults which more than likely has
> something to do with the resulting converted database appearing to
> have no rows.

Yeah, more than likely :-(.  Could we see a stack trace from the
segfault?

> Of possible note in this DB is that the previous DBA renamed the
> "postgres" user.

Hmm.  There is a known bug in beta2 that's triggered by old and new
clusters not having the same name for the bootstrap superuser; although
I don't recall that the symptoms included a segfault.  In any case,
I'd suggest making sure the new cluster is initdb'd under the same
account that currently owns the old cluster.

            regards, tom lane