Re: DB terminating - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DB terminating
Date
Re: DB terminating  (Scott Felt <scott.felt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Scott Felt <scott.felt@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello.  I have been having an issue with a database.  The logs consistently
> show this:

> 2009-11-17 16:03:55 ESTLOG:  00000: server process (PID 9644) exited with
> exit code 128

This looks like a fairly garden-variety backend crash, but with only
this much information there's no way to identify the cause.  You might
try setting log_statements = all and see if there's any consistency in
what the process was doing just before it crashed.  (You'd need to add
PID to log_line_prefix so you could associate the log entries with the
crash report.)

            regards, tom lane