Re: Can't get the debugger going - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From schatz
Subject Re: Can't get the debugger going
Date
List pgadmin-support
- I enabled the option "Show system objects in the treeview" to see the
templates and this is done, thank you.Templates don't have any functions in
them?

- My platform is win XP. I created three schemas, each have different
tables. One schema will create a table with the data from the other tables
that resides in other two schemas. I need to write a cursor-loop-fetch
function to extract data from some fields from the two schemas and insert
into a new table in the third schema...I wrote a test function but can't
debug it and not sure if I should use sql or pl/pgsql.

This is a copy from Function treeview, not sure why it writes two headers
and adds more stuff to the bottom.
-- Function: "MySchema".create_data()

-- DROP FUNCTION "MySchema".create_data();

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION "MySchema".create_data() RETURNS void AS
$BODY$CREATE FUNCTION "MySchema".create_data() RETURNS varchar(3) AS '

DECLARE
my_cursor CURSOR for select prov from "SecondSchema".data_load;
province varchar(3);
BEGIN      open my_cursor; RAISE info ''prov'';     RAISE INFO ''-----'';      LOOP          FETCH my_cursor INTO
province;         RAISE INFO ''%'', province;          EXIT WHEN my_cursor%NOT FOUND;        RAISE INFO ''%'',
province;     END LOOP;      CLOSE my_cursor;     return province;

END;
'LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
$BODY$ LANGUAGE 'sql' VOLATILE COST 100;
ALTER FUNCTION "MySchema".create_data() OWNER TO postgres;

- I tried to install the debugger by running the command you recommended in
the cmd window. Now when I run "C:...PostgreSQL\8.3\share\contrib\psql -f
pldbgapi.sql my_dbase" it says: "psql is not recognized as an internal or
external command, operable or batch file" Is that mean I don't have psql.exe
installed? I see it under the bin folder, when I run it from the cmd line it
asks me for a password. I tried the password for windows and postgresql both
don't work.
Schatz.