Re: Can't get the debugger going - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Can't get the debugger going
Date
List pgadmin-support
[Redirecting to the list]

On 13/04/2009 16:33, gaybana2000@hotmail.com wrote:
> Thank you for your reply. I only have pgadmin3 installed. where do I
> run these commands from. what do I need to install to rund these
> command line commands?

What platform are you on? Also, what exactly are you trying to do?

> I looked in the docs for how to use the
> pg_dumpall commands...don't know where to run these commands.

You just run them at the system command line... if you're on Windows, go
to Start -> Run and type 'cmd' to bring up a command prompt. Of course,
you need to have these utilities installed in the first place - how you
do this depends on your platform.

> I also don't have template1 dbase.

I think pgAdmin hides it by default. To see it (and a lot of other
stuff), go to File -> Options -> Display, and check "Show system objects
in the treeview"; then refresh the "Databases" node of the treeview by
clicking on it and pressing F5.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie