Re: buildfarm server suddenly not talking to old SSL stacks? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: buildfarm server suddenly not talking to old SSL stacks?
Date
List pgsql-www
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 8:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> $ perl -MLWP::Simple -MLWP::Protocol::https -e 'LWP::Simple::getprint("
>>> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt");'
>>> 500 Can't connect to buildfarm.postgresql.org:80 (No route to host)
>>> <URL:http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt>

> So it could be something else. I have no idea what it would be though,
> since port 80 seems to work from elsewhere.

Oh, and before you decide to get back in the water ... I just tried this
stuff from my RHEL6 server.  curl is fine, but:

$ perl -MLWP::Simple -MLWP::Protocol::https -e
'LWP::Simple::getprint("http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt");'
REL9_3_STABLE
REL9_4_STABLE
REL9_5_STABLE
REL9_6_STABLE
REL_10_STABLE
REL_11_STABLE
HEAD
$ perl -MLWP::Simple -MLWP::Protocol::https -e
'LWP::Simple::getprint("https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt");'
500 Can't connect to buildfarm.postgresql.org:443 (connect: Network is unreachable)
<URL:https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt>

Now I'm completely confused.  This is going through a different ISP
and significantly different network path to reach rackspace, but
that shouldn't have anything to do with it?  *Something* is darn
weird here.

            regards, tom lane