Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> That was truly un-called-for.  I don't care who you are or what you've
> done because nobody gets to treat volunteers the way you did above.

Well, a volunteer whose first proposed contribution is a patch to add
modelines to every file in the tree (with the clear subtext that we're
idiots to not have thought of it before) should expect a bit of
push-back.  If he'd phrased it as "would this be a good idea?" then
I would have reacted differently.