Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Throw some low-level C scutwork at me
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 14:44 -0500, Andy Lester wrote:
> On May 1, 2009, at 2:37 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > Regardless, I
> > agree with Tom that the idea of having decorators of any kind in
> > source
> > or docs is a bad idea.
>
> Why is it a bad idea?  I don't understand the downside of a line or
> two at the bottom of a source file.

Maintenance mostly. Of course we could script that but do you really
want decorators for every editor in there that people use? We have a
huge contingent of VI/Emacs not to mention Joe, Nano, Eclipse, TextMate
etc...

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--