Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se> writes:
> GNU gdb 4.18
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x8136eb2 in GetTemplateEncoding ()
> #1  0x8136d66 in pg_mb2wchar_with_len ()
> #2  0x810adab in int8_text ()
> #3  0x810ae82 in textlike ()
> #4  0x812ef14 in fmgr_c ()

I do not believe this backtrace.  textlike does not call int8_text;
int8_text does not call pg_mb2wchar_with_len; pg_mb2wchar_with_len
doesn't call GetTemplateEncoding; and GetTemplateEncoding is just
about as SEGV-proof as any routine I've ever seen:

static int    templateEncoding;
int
GetTemplateEncoding()
{
    return (templateEncoding);
}

I speculate that you gave gdb the wrong executable file to compare
to the core file ...

            regards, tom lane