Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se> writes:
> I cannot reproduce this error on a fresh
> installation on another machine, which puzzles me. I though it might
> have to do with the the database beeing dumped/restored to this new
> installation, but I found no way to get the data there without
> dump/restore. tarring the data/base/dbname dir doesn't work, right?

No, but tarring the entire data directory should work (as long
as the destination machine is same architecture and same configure
options as source).  Partial tar doesn't work because you've got to have
pg_log matching the data files...

            regards, tom lane