MSSQL To PostgreSQL Via DTS - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Daniel Holm
Subject MSSQL To PostgreSQL Via DTS
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Does anyone have any advice on copying columns of data type text or image from Microsoft SQL 2000 to Postgre? I have set the ODBC driver to treat text as Long VarChar, and if I bump my max Long VarChar size up – I get one of two errors:

MSSQL Error: Data for source column 1 ('textfield') is too large for the specified buffer size.

or

MSSQL Error: Query-based insertion or updating of BLOB values is not supported.

And I can’t seem to make any sense of the cause of these errors. I sent a previous request to this list last Thursday with some mylog dumps… was wondering if there’s anything more I can provide to this list to help find a solution or lead to a possible bug.

Thanks,

Daniel Holm