Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Oh, I just noticed something else: several of the ecpg test programs
contain

#ifdef WIN32
#ifdef _MSC_VER                /* requires MSVC */
    _configthreadlocale(_ENABLE_PER_THREAD_LOCALE);
#endif
#endif

Surely this is a kluge that we could now remove?  We've protected the
only setlocale calls that the ecpg tests could reach in threaded mode.
If there is still a problem, it'd behoove us to find it, because
ecpglib should not expect that the calling app has done this for it.