Re: Swapping volumes under tablespaces: supported? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavan Schneider
Subject Re: Swapping volumes under tablespaces: supported?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday, February 8, 2013 at 10:58, Tom Lane wrote:

>If it breaks you get to keep both pieces.

Tom is an optimist. My (unscheduled) attempt at this resulted in=20
a lot more than two pieces all of which appeared broken in their=20
own right.

If you want to (re)start a conversation about making=20
mount/unmount/move tablespace a reality be my guest, but, be=20
warned, there seem to be some very fundamental barriers.

Regards
Gavan Schneider