Re: Insert fail: could not open relation with OID 3221204992 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Insert fail: could not open relation with OID 3221204992
Date
List pgsql-general
araza@esri.com writes:
> I am inserting 783159 records but the insert is failing after 634314
> records. I am getting "ERROR:  could not open relation with OID
> 3221204992" message. I am using

> 1- PostgreSQL: 8.2.3
> 2- OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3.
> 3- Logfile output:
> ERROR:  XX000: could not open relation with OID 3221204992
> LOCATION:  relation_open, heapam.c:700
> STATEMENT:  INSERT INTO parcel (OBJECTID, shape) VALUES ( $1,  $2 )

Please provide more detail, like what the table schema is, what indexes
and foreign keys it has, and exactly what the insert process is
(eg do you have all these inserts wrapped in a BEGIN?).  Also what is
the client-side software?

Is the OID mentioned in the complaint the same every time you try it?

            regards, tom lane