Re: 回覆: 回复: Core dump happens when execute sql CREATE VIEW v1(c1) AS (SELECT ('4' COLLATE "C")::INT FROM generate_series(1, 10)); - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 回覆: 回复: Core dump happens when execute sql CREATE VIEW v1(c1) AS (SELECT ('4' COLLATE "C")::INT FROM generate_series(1, 10));
Date
In response to 回覆: 回复: Core dump happens when execute sql CREATE VIEW v1(c1) AS (SELECT ('4' COLLATE "C")::INT FROM generate_series(1, 10));  (Yulin PEI <ypeiae@connect.ust.hk>)
List pgsql-hackers
Yulin PEI <ypeiae@connect.ust.hk> writes:
> Let's look at your patch:

> ```
> // node is ('1' COLLATE "C")
> // targetType is varbit and it is non-collatable
> if (IsA(node, CollateExpr) && type_is_collatable(targetTypeId))
> {

> // we will not reach here.

That's not the committed patch, though.  I realized after posting
it that it didn't maintain the same behavior in coerce_type as
coerce_to_target_type.  But the actually-committed fix does, and
as I said, what you're suggesting seems equivalent though a bit
messier.