Re: [HACKERS] 6.4.2 HP-UX makefile problem? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 6.4.2 HP-UX makefile problem?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Here is a problem report from a HP-UX/11.0/cc user.
> src/makefiles/Makefile.hpux seems to lack:
> %.sl: %.o
> This makes regression test failed. Please note that in 6.4
> Makefile.hpux has above.

I removed that rule from Makefile.hpux because I believed it to be
dead code --- src/Makefile.shlib is now responsible for causing
shared libs to be built correctly for each platform.

I have not seen any problems building on HPUX 9 or 10.  Can you
provide more info about the failure on HPUX 11?