Re: [HACKERS] Time zones - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Time zones
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ross Johnson <rpj@ise.canberra.edu.au> writes:
> Australian Eastern Std Time is GMT-10.

GMT+10, surely, unless the sun started rising in the west
when I wasn't looking.  Hawaii is in the right place to
be GMT-10 ... maybe that's the source of the confusion?

>> I want to confirm that AHST, Alaska-Hawaii Std Time, should have the
>> same value as Australia Eastern Std Time, which is what the conversion
>> table claims.

The most recent atlas I have says that eastern Alaska is GMT-9,
western Alaska and Hawaii are GMT-10, and the westernmost Aleutians
are GMT-11.  No info about daylight savings habits.  A ten-year-old
atlas claims that all of mainland Alaska is GMT-9.  They may have
changed things up there recently ... I think we need a native
guide ...