Re: move 'Value' node into separate file - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: move 'Value' node into separate file
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> This patch separates the 'Value' and 'List' nodes: now the Value node
> has its own interface (i.e. header) and implementation files. This is
> just house-keeping, in preparation for the list rewrite.

This is just cleanup, right?  Or were you intending that something will
happen to Value in connection with the List changes?  I can't think
what offhand ...

One trivial gripe: you forgot to change the filename in the new value.c
file's header comment.  Looks OK otherwise.

> I renumbered a NodeTag: does that require a catalog version number
> bump?

It does not.  NodeTag numbers appear only in in-memory data structures.

(It does tend to require a backend-wide recompile, but hopefully most
people have learned by now to use --enable-depend or else "make clean"
after every CVS update.)

            regards, tom lane