Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix an O(N^2) problem in foreign key references. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix an O(N^2) problem in foreign key references.
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix an O(N^2) problem in foreign key references.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <jan@wi3ck.info> writes:
> On 09/14/2015 09:56 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@postgresql.org> writes:
>>> Fix an O(N^2) problem in foreign key references.

>> Judging from the buildfarm, this patch is broken under
>> CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS.  See friarbird's results in particular.
>> I might be too quick to finger this patch, but nothing else
>> lately has touched foreign-key behavior, and the foreign_key
>> test is where things are going south.

> I'm able to reproduce that failure with CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS and it
> definitely is caused by this commit. Do you want to back it out for the
> time being? Kevin is on vacation right now.

I'll take a look today, and either fix it if I can find the problem
quickly or back it out.

(If anyone else is already looking at it, happy to defer to you...)