Re: Full backup - pg_dumpall sufficient? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Full backup - pg_dumpall sufficient?
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com> writes:
>> I guess I could pg_dumpall -s | grep "ALTER DATABASE" to grab that stuff.

> That seems silly.  Is this the best way to find this data:

> SELECT name, setting FROM pg_settings where source = 'database' ORDER BY
> name;

No, you'd miss anything overridden locally in your session.

I'd think about getting it out of pg_database.datconfig, instead.
Or really the easiest way is to tweak the logic in pg_dumpall about
what to dump when ...

            regards, tom lane