Re: contrib/dblink regression test failure fix - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: contrib/dblink regression test failure fix
Date
List pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> Attached is a patch to fix the current regression test failure for
> contrib/dblink. The failure was induced by recent changes to cast
> behavior.

Actually, I was going to suggest modifying the declaration of the
dblink function(s) to take integer instead of int2.  Is there a
really good reason why they take int2?  If not, there's little point
in putting up with a notational headache throughout the 7.3 cycle.

The problem should go away again in 7.4, when we tweak the parser to
initially type "2" as "2::int2" ... but for now the path of least
resistance would seem to be avoiding declaring functions to take int2.

            regards, tom lane