Re: Copy function syntax on 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Copy function syntax on 8.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Mike G." <mike@thegodshalls.com> writes:
> In testing 8.1 I turned on the escape_string_warning.  Now when I issue a COPY FROM / TO 'C:\\test' I am getting the
"nonstandard.." warning since file paths in Windows use the \ character.  I can clear the warning by changing the
syntaxto E'C:\\test'.

> Is their a way to properly escape the \ without using E or will the COPY function have to modified internally to not
returna warning if a \ is passed in the file path?

Why do you think COPY should be modified?  This is exactly the case that
the warning is intended to warn about.

            regards, tom lane