Re: orphaned RI constraints - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: orphaned RI constraints
Date
List pgsql-general
Somazx Interesting <somazx@home.com> writes:
> I'm working with two different postgres installations - they're both
> v7.1.2. On one I can drop a table and the related constraint info seems to
> go away with the table, on the other the restraint trigger seems to remain
> in the system tables and then when I try to delete rows from tables once
> related to the dropped table I get errors saying the dropped tabled doesn't
> exist - which I'm interpreting as the RI trigger trying to do its thing and
> failing.

IIRC, pg_dump scripts made by 7.1 pg_dump did not dump the FROM part of
the trigger definition, so dropping the referenced table of an RI trigger
reloaded from such a dump didn't make the trigger go away.

This is fixed in 7.1.2 (not sure about 7.1.1).

            regards, tom lane