Re: order by + union (was: query syntax change?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: order by + union (was: query syntax change?)
Date
List pgsql-general
Ed Loehr <eloehr@austin.rr.com> writes:
>> Btw., order by + union doesn't work prior to 7.1 anyway.

> Looks like order by + union was enabled at least in 7.0.3, fwiw...

Nonetheless, it had bugs crawling out of it everywhere ... try more
complex test cases, and pay attention to whether you actually get
the right answer (like the right sort order, distinct/not distinct,
etc).  Cross-datatype cases tended to coredump, too.

I believe this mess is all fixed as of 7.1.

            regards, tom lane