Re: [COMMITTERS] Re: pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] Re: pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> BTW, I notice that after allegedly fixing things, we are now seeing
> fsync failures during CREATE DATABASE in the installcheck phase of
> buildfarm runs on (apparently) all the Windows critters, plus a
> couple of other platforms too.  This mystifies me.  I could believe
> that there was something still wrong with copydir.c, but then how
> come these machines are getting through the earlier "make check"
> phase?

BTW, although things seem to be going green with the RDONLY->RDWR
change, I'm still mystified why these machines didn't fail at
"make check".  Is it possible that "make check" runs the postmaster
with fsync disabled?  I don't see that in the code anywhere...