Re: [COMMITTERS] Re: pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] Re: pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] Re: pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after
List pgsql-hackers
BTW, I notice that after allegedly fixing things, we are now seeing
fsync failures during CREATE DATABASE in the installcheck phase of
buildfarm runs on (apparently) all the Windows critters, plus a
couple of other platforms too.  This mystifies me.  I could believe
that there was something still wrong with copydir.c, but then how
come these machines are getting through the earlier "make check"
phase?

I made a couple of code tweaks just now to try to get more information
--- the reported EBADF error numbers seem fairly implausible in
themselves, so I wondered if that's *really* what fsync is reporting.
I don't have a lot of hope for that though.

Any theories about what is happening?