RE: newer (11+) psqlODBC install on old system - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Danny Severns
Subject RE: newer (11+) psqlODBC install on old system
Date
List pgsql-odbc
This is probably of not related, but just in case, I am using Win10, but I do not have WINMM.DLL anywhere on my system.
I use MinGW for Windows development which contains libwinmm.a in the MinGW\lib folder.  It is also included in two
thirdparty apps I use that are compiled using gcc & MinGW.  If you think this is relative to your problem, I can see
whatprocedures are included in this archive.

HTH
Danny

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Gilmour <joe@gilmours.com.au>
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 8:22 AM
To: pgsql-odbc@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: newer (11+) psqlODBC install on old system

On 12/5/20 6:06 pm, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Joe Gilmour wrote:
>> GetProcAddress(0x77BD0000 [MIDIMAP.DLL], "midMessage") called from "WINMM.DLL" at address 0x76B43AFA and returned
NULL.Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).

> This is strange, because both DLLs should be part of the OS.
> Do these DLLs come from the system directory, or did you pick up a rogue DLL from somewhere else?
>

> Regards,
> Clemens

I've had another go with Depends

When I profile odbcad32.exe under libssl-1_1.dll it says vcruntime140.dll is missing as are some dll files starting
withAPI-MS-WIN-CRT.

Under libcrypto-1_1.dll it says the same but also missing bcrypt.dll

Seems almost like a path issue but I really don't know.

Thanks again.

Joe