Re: pgsql: libpq: change PQconndefaults() to ignore invalid service files - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: libpq: change PQconndefaults() to ignore invalid service files
Date
List pgsql-committers
> libpq:  change PQconndefaults() to ignore invalid service files
> Previously missing or invalid service files returned NULL.  Also fix
> pg_upgrade to report "out of memory" for a null return from
> PQconndefaults().

Why does this patch remove the errorMessage argument from
pg_fe_getauthname?  I gauge the amount of thought that went into
that choice by the fact that the comment wasn't updated.

            regards, tom lane