Re: ERROR: could not find tuple for trigger 37463634 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: ERROR: could not find tuple for trigger 37463634
Date
List pgsql-general
De : Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
> > pnssi_profiles_bench=# drop SCHEMA _pnssi_slony_bench_profiles_01_110
> cascade;
> > ERROR:  could not find tuple for trigger 37463634
>
> You might try reindexing pg_trigger before doing anything more invasive,
> just in case the tuple is there but it's not being found because of a
> messed-up index.

  Well, at some point we tried "REINDEX DATABASE pnssi_profiles_bench;"
and "REINDEX SYSTEM pnssi_profiles_bench;", would that be equivalent?

> >   As you can see, this is a slony setup, but I'm not sure that's
> > relevant.
>
> It could be --- Slony plays some not-very-nice games with the system
> catalogs, or at least used to.  If reindex doesn't fix things I'd
> suggest asking about this on the Slony lists.

  I'm sorry to say that I ended up taking drastic measures (several
"delete from pg_depend where refobjid=foo;") before trying something
else (after some pressure from the-powers-that-are :-P). after that we
managed to drop the schema. I have the details if you want.

  in any case, this is not the first time we drop a slony schema to
rebuild everything, but it's the first time we have this kind of
problems.

  I'm pretty sure after what I have done some objects might still be
dangling in the db (even more, now that I remember, at some point we did
"delete from pg_trigger where tgname like '%01_110%';"; yes, I know,
it's a blunt approach). Is there any way to find those, if they exist?

--
Marcos Dione
SysAdmin

France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci

they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorization.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or
falsified.
Thank you.