Re: Problem with reloading groups in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with reloading groups in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I think groups will give use the ability to add/remove connection from
> within the database.  You just need to mention the group name in the
> config file.

Good point.

There's also the fact that people will probably start using one big
database divided into per-user schemas as soon as schema facilities
are available.  So getting fancy with pg_hba controls at this point
may well prove to be like building a better buggy whip; good in its
own context but rendered irrelevant by events.

I agree with Bruce that group-level access controls in pg_hba seem
like a sufficient answer at this point.  If it turns out not, we
can always improve further in future releases.