Re: Problem with reloading groups in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Problem with reloading groups in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:

> I don't know.  Automatically modifying a manually maintained config file
> isn't too common a feature.  One problem would be if you where modifying
> the file in your editor and the backend rewrote the file.

That's not different from you modifying the file in your editor and
someone else doing the same thing at the same time.  Yes, the concurrency
issues are not trivial, but they can be solved.

> I think groups will give use the ability to add/remove connection from
> within the database.  You just need to mention the group name in the
> config file.  My original idea was to automatically identify some group
> name for each database but maybe that is too smart.

Yes, that is perfectly fine.  I just want an additional interface that
allows you to "mention the group name in the config file" while connected
to the database.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net