Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
 Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
   Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
    Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Josh Berkus, )
     Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
      Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Josh Berkus, )
       Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
      Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Bruno Wolff III, )
       Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
  Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Memory leak tsearch2 VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
    Re: Memory leak tsearch2 VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE  (Tom Lane, )

Josh Berkus <> writes:
>> Jean-Gerard, can you put together a self-contained test case? I suspect
>> it need only look like "put some data in a table, make a tsearch2 index,
>> delete half the rows in the table, VACUUM FULL". But I don't have time
>> to try to cons up a test case right now, and especially not to figure
>> out what to do to duplicate your problem if it doesn't happen on the
>> first try.

> Might be hard.  I have 2 databases with Tsearch2 on 7.4, and haven't seen any
> such problem.  Including one that blows away about 3000 rows a day.

Yeah, I'm sure there is some particular thing Jean-Gerard is doing that
is triggering the problem.  He can probably boil his existing table down
to a test case faster than we can guess what the trigger condition is.

            regards, tom lane