Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)

From: Bruno Wolff III
Subject: Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
 Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
   Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
    Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Josh Berkus, )
     Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
      Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Josh Berkus, )
       Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
      Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Bruno Wolff III, )
       Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
  Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Memory leak tsearch2 VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
    Re: Memory leak tsearch2 VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: Memory leak tsearch2 VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE  (Tom Lane, )

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 14:46:57 -0500,
  Tom Lane <> wrote:

> This looks like it must be a memory leak in the gist indexing code
> (either gist itself or tsearch2).  I don't see any post-release fixes in
> the 7.4 branch that look like they fixed any such thing :-(, so it's
> probably still there in 7.4.7, and likely 8.0 too.

Shouldn't that be 7.4.6? I am expecting there to be an eventual 7.4.7
because of some post 7.4.6 fixes that have gone in, but I haven't seen
any other indications that this has already happened.