Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
 Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
   Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
    Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Josh Berkus, )
     Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
      Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Josh Berkus, )
       Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
      Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Bruno Wolff III, )
       Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
  Re: Error in VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE (not enough memory)  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: Memory leak tsearch2 VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE  (Pailloncy Jean-Gerard, )
    Re: Memory leak tsearch2 VACUUM FULL VERBOSE ANALYZE  (Tom Lane, )

Bruno Wolff III <> writes:
> Tom Lane <> wrote:
>> This looks like it must be a memory leak in the gist indexing code
>> (either gist itself or tsearch2).  I don't see any post-release fixes in
>> the 7.4 branch that look like they fixed any such thing :-(, so it's
>> probably still there in 7.4.7, and likely 8.0 too.

> Shouldn't that be 7.4.6?

Right ... I copied Josh's mistake without thinking about it...

            regards, tom lane