Re: pgstat wait timeout - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgstat wait timeout
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Robert Schnabel <schnabelr@missouri.edu> writes:
>  From a fresh server restart I have one process that will run one
> processor 100% essentially forever.  (I've let it go for about a week
> just to see if it would ever stop and it didn't).  Attached is a text
> dump from ProcessExplorer.  I have highlighted the relevant lines with
> ****.  Also attached is the current postgresql log after a server
> restart.  You can see from the log that about every 70 seconds there is
> an entry "WARNING:  pgstat wait timeout".  This will go on forever.

Apparently the stats collector has gotten stuck in a loop and is failing
to update the stats file.  The 'wait timeout' bleats are probably coming
from the autovacuum launcher process, which is waiting for an up-to-date
stats file to appear.  Can you get a stack trace from the stats
collector process?

            regards, tom lane