Re: make check fails: user "postgres" doesn't exist - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: make check fails: user "postgres" doesn't exist
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de> writes:
> make check fails, and I have absolutely no idea where to look:

> running on port 65432 with pid 631
> ============== creating database "regression"         ==============
> createdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  user
> "postgres" does not exist

(scratches head...) make check should automatically adopt your current
username as the postgres superuser name, AFAIK.  Perhaps there is some
conflict in your environment settings?  Do you have PGUSER defined, and
if so is it different from your login name?

You can dig around in the logs left in src/test/regress/log/ to see
what make check was doing.  initdb's report of the username it thought
it was using would be worth looking at, in particular.