Re: Example not producing shown output - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: Example not producing shown output
Date
List pgsql-docs
> On 25 Nov 2019, at 13:05, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/functions-textsearch.html
>
> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/functions-textsearch.html
>
> Examples should have specified 'english'.
>
> Instead:
>   to_tsvector('fat cats ate rats') @@ to_tsquery('cat & rat')
>
> which returns fale on my own blank installation of Postgre (Serbian locale
> Windows OS) instead of true:
>   to_tsvector('english', 'fat cats ate rats') @@ to_tsquery('cat & rat')

I agree with this complaint, mainly since other examples on the page do specify
english where required AFAICT, this makes it consistent.  The attached diff
adds the english configuration directive to @@ and @@@.

The examples on chapter 12.1 all have the same issue, but adding 'english' to
all of them in order to make them work out of the box everywhere doesn't seem
like an improvement to the docs so those are left as is.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment