AW: AW: Proposal for enhancements of privilege system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Subject AW: AW: Proposal for enhancements of privilege system
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> a bitfield.
> > >
> > > That's the price I'm willing to pay for abstraction,
> > > extensibility, and
> > > verifyability. But I'm open for better ideas.
> >
> > Imho this is an area that is extremly sensitive to performance,
> > the rights have to be checked for each access.
>
>  Yes, but I believe that Peter's idea is good. System tables
> are used for
> each access not only for ACL, and performance problem is a problem for
> system cache not primary for privilege system.

Yes I totally agree, that the basic idea is great, all I am saying is, that
I would
1. gather more than one priviledge per table into one row (all of: select,
insert, update ...)
2. try to look at some existing table structure from one biggie db and see
if it fits

Andreas