Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove extra comma at end of enum list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove extra comma at end of enum list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> An alternative that would be worth considering is to adopt a uniform
>> rule of // for line-ending comments and /* for all other uses.

> Why not. As far as comments are concerned, editors usually highlight them
> in some color, and my eyes get used to the comment color, so the simpler &
> shorter the better, really.

>> We'd have to teach pgindent about that, and I dunno how hard that is.

> Maybe it is enough to just to turn "/* no-nl */" to "// no-nl" in
> pgindent's post_indent, but probably I'm too naïve:-)

Well, IMO the point of making that change would be to buy an additional
three characters of space for the comment before it wraps.  So I'd suspect
that post-processing is too late.  But I've not looked into pgindent to
see where the decisions are made exactly.