Re: What's the CURRENT schema ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What's the CURRENT schema ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> However I can see the following at 5.4 Names and Identifiers
> 11)   If a <schema qualified name> does not contain a <schema name>, then
>        Case:
>        a) If the <schema qualified name> is contained in a <schema
> definition>,
>        then the <schema name> that is specified or implicit in the <schema
> definition>
>       is implicit.

Yes.  Fernando, our existing CREATE SCHEMA command does not get this
right for references from views to tables, does it?  It seems to me that
to get compliant behavior, we'll need to temporarily push the new schema
onto the front of the namespace search path while parsing view
definitions inside CREATE SCHEMA.

(The relevance to the current discussion is that this is easy to do if
SET variables roll back on error ... but it might be tricky if they do
not.)